We have prepared a wide range of resources that will help you to prepare your company well to get the appropriate funding support and spend it optimally.
01. What is the funding portal?
An online portal that brings together entrepreneurs and owners of small and medium enterprises with funding entities to obtain appropriate funding, by providing information that helps them make credit decisions and by linking them to relevant government institutions and credit information firms.
02. What are the objectives of Tamweel portal?؟
• Expand customer base and access promising areas.
• Open competition between funding entities in order to provide appropriate funding offers.
• Provide easy access to appropriate funding, which means raising the rate of lending and investment, and develop the economy.
• Save time and effort and reduce financing costs.
03. What are the types of enterprises included in terms of size?
They are classified into micro, small, and medium enterprises.
04. What is a small enterprise?
An enterprise with 6 to 49 full-time employees or revenues of SAR 3-40 million.
05. What is a micro enterprise?
An enterprise with 1 to 5 full-time employees or revenues that do not exceed SAR 3 million.
06. What is a medium enterprise?
An enterprise with 50 to 249 full-time employees or revenues of SAR 40-200 million.
07. How can I log in and register on the financing portal?
By using the registration information of the unified national access (Absher).
08. What are guarantees?
Guarantees in general are used to cover the risk of default by a party to the contract in fulfilling its agreed obligations.
09. What are the management fees?
It is the value added to the amount of funding by the funding entity for fees and researchs.
10. What are the financial statements?
These are the statements that express the value of the financial institution and its financial position in terms of assets, profits, liabilities, and liquidity. The most important of these statements are the income statement, the balance sheet, and the cash flow statement.
11. What is the benefit of providing financial statements?
Providing integrated information on the entity’s results of operations, balance sheet and cash flows, so that the client’s ability to repay the financing and their financial solvency may be determined
12. What is the Kafala program?
It is a government program that provides financial guarantees to enhance the opportunity for small and medium enterprises to obtain the necessary financing from the funding entities.
13. Should the owners be Saudis?
No, owners are not required to be Saudi Arabian.
01. What are the participating funding entities?
The commercial banks and non-bank funding companies licensed by the Central Bank of Saudi Arabia.
Participating funding entities can be viewed via the link.
02. Can funding be requested from more than one funding entity?
Yes, the applicant can choose more than one funding entity.
03. Can the funding entity decline the funding request?
The funding entity can reject the funding request based on its applicable credit policies, provided that it provides the reason for rejection. The rejection reason can be seen by logging into the portal and selecting "Opportunity Details."
04. How can I communicate with the funding entities?
Add a comment to the funding entities or book an appointment through the portal after submitting the request. You can also access the following link, which contains all contact information with the funding entities:
05. What are the required guarantees?
Depending on the type of required financing solutions and products, and the credit policies of the participating funding entities.
06. How much is financing profit margin?
This amount varies depending on the offers provided by the funding entities.
07. What is the minimum and maximum funding amount?
These figures depend on the policy of the funding entities available on the portal. Minimum and maximum financing can be accessed through the following link:
08. Is there a discount for early repayment?
It depends on the credit policies of the funding entities participating in the portal.
09.Is there a minimum time limit for conducting the business?
No, there is no minimum limit for conducting the business. Funding entities’ criteria can be found using the following link:
10.Are financial statements required?
It depends on the policy of the funding entities.
11.Which sectors do the funding entities target?
Funding entities target all sectors.
12. Why do only some of the funding entities appear when submitting the funding request?
After filling out the application, funding entities appear based on 3 criteria: the funding amount, age of the entity, and the field or business of entity. To view the criteria of each funding entity, you can access the following link: https://tamweel.monshaat.gov.sa/en/monshaat/funding-entities-list
13.What is the appropriate action to take if the funding entity’s answer is delayed?
You can first contact the funding entity or add a comment on the Opportunity Details platform to inquire about the reason for delay. If the funding entity does not respond, a complaint can be submitted through Monsha’at's communication channels.
14.Is it possible to file an objection to the participating entities?
Yes; you can submit a complaint through Monsha’at's communication channels.
15. Is funding compatible with Islamic law?
It depends on the finding entity policy
16. What is the financing term allowed?
The term is determined by the financiers. The term usually varies according to the type of financing solutions and products provided by the financing institutions and their applicable policies in addition to the ability of the owner of the enterprise to repay.
01. How can I request new funding in the funding portal?
Through following the steps outlined in the guideline for submitting a request on the funding portal by "clicking here"
02. Can the enterprise owner file more than one funding request?
Yes, provided that he has no pending application with the same funding entity.
03. What is the time required to study and approve the funding request?
Initial approval is given within 15 business days if all of the required documents are completed.
04. What is the difference between the funding portal and the indirect lending initiative?
The funding portal links small and medium-sized enterprises looking for funding with funding entities. It enables them to choose the appropriate funding offered by the funding entities registered in the portal. The indirect lending initiative is an initiative offered by the General Authority for Small and Medium Enterprises (Monsha'at). Its goal is to offer these enterprises new lending options and channels through approved funding firms in the Kingdom in order to provide competitive funding solutions and instruments to entrepreneurs and enterprises and to support the small and medium enterprise sector to ensure the continuity and development of their business.
05. Does the credit history affect the ability to obtain the required funding ?
Yes, it affects obtaining the required funding.
06. Is a guarantor required if I am not employed ?
Such a requirement depends on the type of required funding solutions, products, and the credit policies followed by the funding entities participating in the portal.
07. How can I communicate with Monsha'at if I have any remarks or inquiries?
Remarks and inquiries can be submitted via the Contact Us link.
08. How can I follow up on funding requests?
You will receive notifications via e-mail, text messages, and the notification center within the funding portal upon any update to your application. You can also access your Opportunity Details to view the latest updates in this regard.
09. Is it possible to access Kafala program through the funding portal?
All portal funding requests are automatically directed to Kafala program.
10. Is it possible to obtain additional funding?
All portal funding requests are automatically directed to Kafala program.
11. What are the basic requirements to obtain funding?
Complete a funding application form with a percentage of no less than 70%.
12. Can the applicant object to the funding institution’s rejection of my funding request?
No, the funding entities decline financing applications based on their own credit policies. However, an objection can be made if the reason for rejection is invalid.
13. If a funding offer is presented to the applicant on the portal, what is the next step?
You must access Opportunity Details with the funding entity to view the offer details, and then update the status with acceptance or rejection.
01. How can I determine the funding need?
The funding need is determined depending on the nature of the activity to be funded, you can apply for a consultation to determine the financing need through Nawafth platform.
02. What is the difference between short-term and long-term funding?
Short-term funding is for the purpose of funding working capital (inventory, salaries, expenses). As for long-term funding, it is for the purpose of expansion (purchasing equipment, opening branches, cars).
03. What is cashless funding?
Cashless funding is for the purpose of issuing guarantees for governmental and semi-government projects or issuing documentary credits to suppliers. An important feature of cashless funding is that it does not require depositing a funding amount into the institution's account.